Maven Eclipse Plugin
The Eclipse Plugin is used to generate Eclipse IDE files (*.classpath, *.wtpmodules and the .settings folder) for use with a project.
The Maven Eclipse Plugin has several goals.
Standard eclipse goals
- eclipse:configure-workspace is used to add the classpath variable M2_REPO to Eclipse which points to your local repository and optional to configure other workspace features.
- eclipse:eclipse generates the Eclipse configuration files.
- eclipse:clean is used to delete the files used by the Eclipse IDE.
Specific goals to support m2eclipse
Specific goals for PDE developments
- eclipse:to-maven Add eclipse artifacts from an eclipse installation to the local repo. This mojo automatically analize the eclipse directory, copy plugins jars to the local maven repo, and generates appropriate poms. This is the official central repository builder for Eclipse plugins, so it has the necessary default values. For customized repositories see eclipse:make-artifacts.
- eclipse:install-plugins installs all resolved project dependencies of a particular type (usually 'eclipse-plugin') into the specified Eclipse installation directory.
- eclipse:make-artifacts copies all Eclipse plugins from an installation directory to the local repository, generating POMs for each.
Specific goals to support myeclipse
Specific goals to support RAD v6
To provide you with better understanding on some usages of the Eclipse Plugin, you can take a look into the following examples: