Maven IDEA Plugin
The IDEA Plugin is used to generate files (ipr, iml, and iws) for a project so you can work on it using the IDE, IntelliJ IDEA.
The IDEA Plugin has five goals.
- idea:idea is used to execute the other three goals of this plugin: project, module, and workspace.
- idea:project is used to generate the project file (*.ipr) needed for an IntelliJ IDEA Project.
- idea:module is used to generate the module files (*.iml) needed for an IntelliJ IDEA Module.
- idea:workspace is used to generate the workspace file (*.iws) needed for an IntelliJ IDEA Project.
- idea:clean is used to delete the files relevant to IntelliJ IDEA.
How To Use
Instructions on how to use the Maven IDEA Plugin can be found here.
To provide you with better understanding on some usages of the Maven IDEA Plugin, you can take a look into the following examples: