The Site Plugin has had a couple of upgrades that requires the user to make adjustments to their environment, documents or configuration. Below is a list of these changes and what you as a user need to be aware of.
From 3.4 to 3.5
- Since Velocity has been upgraded from version 1.5 to version 1.7, which changes escaping rules, you may need to update escape sequences in your .vm documents and/or skins. If you can't update content and/or skin immediately, you can manually downgrade Velocity version by configuring a dependency to Maven Site Plugin:
- Site Decoration Model has changed type for head/footer from DOM to String: if your site.xml (or one parent) contains XML content, you'll need to escape it, usually by adding <![CDATA[ and ]]>.
From 2.x to 3.x
- Version 3 of the plugin requires at least Maven 2.2.0 to run.
- If you use Maven 3 please read the Maven 3 guide about relevant issues.
From 2.2.x to 2.3.x
- The site:stage and site:stage-deploy goals have been decoupled from site generation. Executing these goals without generating the site first will lead to a build failure.
From 2.1.x to 2.2.x
- The plugin now requires at least Maven 2.2.0 to run, you cannot use it with older Maven versions.
- The plugin now requires at least Java 5 to run, you cannot use it with older Java versions.
From 2.0.x to 2.1.x
- The plugin now requires at least Maven 2.1 to run, you cannot use it with older Maven versions.
- The plugin has been upgraded to use Doxia 1.1, which has seen a lot of major changes itself. If you experience unexpected behavior, please read these resources: