The Apache Maven team would like to announce the release of Maven 3.0-alpha-6.
Maven 3.0-alpha-6 is available for download from the 'preview' section.
Maven is a software project management and comprehension tool. Based on the concept of a project object model (POM), Maven can manage a project's build, reporting and documentation from a central place.
Maven 3 aims to ensure backward compatibility with Maven 2, improve usability, increase performance, allow safe embedding, and pave the way to implement many highly demanded features.
The core release is independent of the plugins available. Further releases of plugins will be made separately. See the Plugin List for more information.
We hope you enjoy using Maven! If you have any questions, please consult:
Maven 3.0-alpha-6 Release Notes
Maven 3 aims to ensure backward compatibility, improve usability, increase performance, allow safe embedding, and pave the way to implement many highly demanded features.
The full list of changes can be found in our issue management system, and is reproduced below.
Release Notes - Maven - Version 3.0-alpha-6 (since 3.0-alpha-5 only)
- [MNG-2110] - ArtifactRepositoryLayout isn't extensible
- [MNG-3266] - maven-model RepositoryBase overrides equals() but not hashCode()
- [MNG-3610] - Endless loop with relocation jtds:jtds
- [MNG-4200] - Build fails on system without svn client
- [MNG-4379] - Properties defined in parent POM and used in systemPath element cause POM validation warnings and dependencies ignoration - compilation error
- [MNG-4465] - [regression] can't run mvn help:effective-settings when offline
- [MNG-4466] - Plugin Metaversion Compatibility
- [MNG-4469] - [regression] deploy:deploy-file fails with secured repository
- [MNG-4470] - [regression] Proxies are ignored during artifact deployment
- [MNG-4472] - [regression] Circular self-referential POM causes network access
- [MNG-4474] - [regression] Wagon manager does not respect instantiation strategy of wagons
- [MNG-4475] - Transitive Dependency Resolution silently fails if parent pom cannot be retrieved from repository
- [MNG-4482] - [regression] command line option "-update-snapshots" does not work for plugins/extensions
- [MNG-4488] - [regression] Parent POMs resolved from repository are validated in strict mode
- [MNG-4489] - [regression] Mirror/proxy/auth does not apply to repositories discovered in POMs of build extensions
- [MNG-4495] - mvnUpdate attempts to use a non-existent .cd directory
- [MNG-4500] - [regression] Maven checks for updates of timestamped snapshots
- [MNG-4509] - MAVEN_DEBUG_OPTS in mvnDebug.bat is set at the wrong place
- [MNG-4510] - NoSuchMethodError when using Maven 3
- [MNG-4511] - API incompatibility in MavenProjectBuilder (Maven-3)
- [MNG-4512] - [regression] Profile activation based on JDK version range fails if current version is close to range boundary
- [MNG-4518] - Profile activation based on JRE version misbehaves if java.version has build number
- [MNG-2546] - Allow plugin executions in the "super-init" phase before reactor sorting of modules build order
- [MNG-3648] - Maven is too verbose in its output, obscuring actual messages
- [MNG-4492] - Integration test MNG1830 fails with GIT based forks
- [MNG-4494] - Custom repository layout should be able to participate in repository instance creation
- [MNG-4498] - Don't fail dependency resolution if one remote repo's metadata is broken
- [MNG-1086] - Use the embedder in Maven's integration tests
- [MNG-3902] - Remove visibility MavenProjectBuilder#buildStandaloneSuperProject