The Apache Maven team would like to announce the release of Maven 3.0-alpha-7.
Maven 3.0-alpha-7 is available for download from the 'preview' section.
Maven is a software project management and comprehension tool. Based on the concept of a project object model (POM), Maven can manage a project's build, reporting and documentation from a central place.
Maven 3 aims to ensure backward compatibility with Maven 2, improve usability, increase performance, allow safe embedding, and pave the way to implement many highly demanded features.
The core release is independent of the plugins available. Further releases of plugins will be made separately. See the Plugin List for more information.
We hope you enjoy using Maven! If you have any questions, please consult:
Maven 3.0-alpha-7 Release Notes
Maven 3 aims to ensure backward compatibility, improve usability, increase performance, allow safe embedding, and pave the way to implement many highly demanded features.
The full list of changes can be found in our issue management system, and is reproduced below.
Release Notes - Maven - Version 3.0-alpha-7 (since 3.0-alpha-6 only)
- [MNG-2281] - 1.0-beta-3 should be < 1.0-SNAPSHOT
- [MNG-4526] - [regression] Shade plugin includes too much (relative to 2.2.1)
- [MNG-4528] - [regression] mvn deploy ignores proxy settings
- [MNG-4529] - maven fails on IBM JDK 1.5.0 with exception IllegalAccessException: Field is final
- [MNG-4536] - Long build time - enforcer running too many times
- [MNG-4542] - StringSearchModelInterpolator concurrency problem
- [MNG-4543] - Cleanup tmp files created by DefaultWagonManager
- [MNG-4544] - Concurrent access to Maven internals involving active component collections is not thread-safe
- [MNG-4553] - Plugins artifact filtering should use full Artifact identification instead only ArtifactId
- [MNG-4554] - [regression] plugin updates are requested on every build regardless of policies
- [MNG-4561] - [regression] network settings are not applied to repositories from plugin dependencies
- [MNG-4562] - [regression] UnsupportedOperationException with Maven AndromMDA plugin
- [MNG-4564] - Location (and name) for settings-security.xml has changed in Maven 3
- [MNG-4570] - [regression] User/pass from settings.xml is not used during site:deploy
- [MNG-4571] - mvn deploy -DaltDeploymentRepository errors out
- [MNG-4574] - [regression] invoker:install uses wrong local repo path when settings.xml contains wildcard mirror
- [MNG-3168] - Correct error message when project descriptor not found
- [MNG-4432] - reimplement parallel artifacts download
- [MNG-4464] - Improve handling of relative paths with backslashes
- [MNG-1144] - List 2 or more maven goals in the defaultGoal of the POM.
- [MNG-4541] - Extend class realm manager delegate to allow conditional behavior
- [MNG-4534] - implement a preferred order for POM elements