The current version of this plugin can be found here.
NOTE: Features with no version information have been present since the first final release of the plugin.
- Inclusion of dependencies, modules [2.1], file-sets, and individual files
- Inclusion of project website documentation [2.1]
- Flexible directory structures for assembly elements
- All assembly inclusions controlled by include/exclude pattern sets
- Option to unpack artifact files into the assembly [deprecated in 2.2]
- Project modules can be included as source files or in binary form [2.1]
- Reusable assembly-descriptor components [2.1]
- Supported archive formats include: zip, tar, tar.gz, tar.bz2, jar, dir, war (and any other format that the ArchiveManager has been configured for).
- Directory-only assemblies
- Filtering and line-ending conversion for file-sets and individual files
- Directory and file attributes (modes) [2.1]
- Artifact filename mapping with expression support [2.1]
- Descriptor interpolation using current project and other assembly descriptor information [2.1]
- Embedded Maven repository creation with artifact version alignment [2.1]
- Security / signature information stripped from embedded artifacts prior to inclusion [2.1]